Saturday, July 21, 2007

Memory Games & Puzzles, Puzzles.

27 September 2007

A couple of weeks ago (about 10 Sept 06) I picked Elijah up from school and his teacher Miss Kylie mentioned that he had won the memory game they played that day - that he had remembered some of the cards she couldn't remember. I asked if it was maybe a fluke and she said that No he had won every time they played the game!
Last week ( about 18 Sept 06) Elijah had a great day at preschool working on a puzzle. When I arrived to pick him up his teacher Monique mentioned that he had worked really hard for about 20 minutes on a puzzle that was also a "puzzle" - in other words it was tricky in addition to having pieces that you put together and into the puzzle. She said he worked patiently and was able to do it. That night when we arrived home Isbella and I were playing a US map game on the computer. Elijah got out the US map puzzle and was playing with it. The next morning during breakfast Elijah got out the US map puzzle again - I watched him take every piece out of the puzzle and stack them next to it. I looked over later and he was about half done putting the pieces back in so I sat down next to him and he had the puzzle completed in about 10 more minutes. It was pretty amazing! It almost seemed like he remembered where the states went becuse he picked up Georgia when he got to that part of the puzzle and put it in upside down, it took him a few tries to put it in the right way but he seemed to know that was the correct state for that spot on the puzzle. His speech therapist said he has "Superior Intelligence" I said I thought he seemed gifted in some areas and she said yes, that is what Superior Intelligence means!
Today at school Elijah was having soup and he said "more bread", his teacher Amy asked who had asked for more bread - she was so surprised when one of the little girls said it was Elijah because she said it was said so clearly! Yeah Elijah!

No comments: